Kirby Ann Basken Was In Subic Last Month And I Didn't Even Know It


Kirby Ann Basken, that babelicious girl who held the Mutya ng Pilipinas 2006 and Miss Norway 2007 beauty titles, was just in Subic last June 22, relinquishing her crown during the pre-pageant activities of the Mutya ng Pilipinas 2007. And hey, she had a nice heartwarming speech, too.


I feel incredibly lucky to be born and raised in one of the richest countries in the world like Norway. I have traveled abroad a lot and have visited many countries. Still, the country I keep going back to is my mother’s homeland, the beautiful Philippines I used to refer to as my favorite “summer” place. I have always been fond of its fascinating landscapes, splendid beaches with its crystal blue waters, colorful jeepneys and tricycles, and the genuinely warm, friendly and hospitable Filipino people. But it was only when I joined the Mutya ng Pilipinas pageant that I realized that the Philippines meant so much more to me.

Through my experience as Mutya ng Pilipinas, I learned and understood how much we as Filipinos are so rich in culture, tradition, respect and pride. I realize now what my title is all about. It is not about the crown and sash – but the Philippines as my home, too."


I think that speech just gave me a hard-on. What a girl. I mean, what a woman. Thanks to Gabrielle who emailed me the tip and the images, which reminded me that I'm supposed to be keeping a close watch of what's happening with the year's parades of beauties. Keep the photos and tips coming, people.





at 6:51 AM  

2 comments:

Henry said... July 10, 2007 at 7:32 AM  

napadaan lang.. hello..

john marzan said... July 10, 2007 at 9:40 PM  

who's the caucassian chick beside the winners?

Post a Comment