Miss Thailand Farung Yuthithum Wants To Be A Concert Pianist

Miss Thailand Farung Yuthithum wants to be a concert pianist and open a music school, as she intimated during an interview.

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?

Playing the piano; teaching piano; visiting orphanages; doing charity work; and reading books. I also love everything to do with Tchaikovsky, or, if I may address him as such, my musical God. I love his beautiful melodies, his rich orchestration. etc. I especially love his ballet music Swan Lake, his Piano Concerto no. 1 in B flat minor and uncountable orchestral works that are so great, so sentimental. His music sincerely conveys love to people on earth.

What is your career ambition?

Since I was 3 years old, I have played piano, so I would love to be a concert pianist and open a music school.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was born and raised in a small province called Pratumtani near Bangkok. My childhood was as simple as a typical Thai kid had in those days. Living in a warm family that was filled with love and understanding plus fun meant that money was not important.

What do you want the judges to know about you?

I am a serious classical music lover. Saying this I do not mean that I discriminate against pop or jazz or other kinds of music. But, to me, classical music is my life, especially music that was composed before the 1900's. In music there is no borderline. Without words you can portray all kinds of moods that all mankind on earth can understand. Music is a land that no words can ever reach. I always seek peace of mind by playing or listening to music no matter how I feel, sad or glad or in a normal state of mind. Music is art and art is goodness. When you have goodness as your principal in life, you will look at the sunny side of life, you will be a positive person and understand life and you will always do good things. That's me.

Farung Yuthithum, Miss Thailand 2007, sits as her hair is styled by Farouk Systems hair stylists during registration and fittings for the Miss Universe 2007 competition at the Camino Real Mexico in Mexico City.


at 3:30 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment