Lee Eun-jin (Yangpa) Comes Back With A New Album And A New Look


After an absence of six years, one Korean singing babe is making a comeback -- Lee Eun-jin, also known as Yangpa, with a brand new album. She has tons to say about this new album and how she spent the past five or so years in obscurity.

"My fans will be waiting with a lot of expectations. I also have this belief that since this is my first album after a look break, I really have to succeed. I've been thinking about it. It'll be hard to satisfy everyone, but I choose the public first."

With her slim looks and careful gestures, it was hard to see the bright chubby-faced girl of 10 years ago. But her forceful voice was still the same, and she applied this voice to her easy-going melodies. "This album took more than a year because I needed to know what kind of music the public wants," she said. "My songs are rustic ballads. The lyrics are rustic too. They are full of frank words expressing my feelings. Don't these frank lyrics provoke sympathy these days?"

A break of six years. "I had problems with my former agency. I spent four or five years crying, drinking and playing," she said. "Oh, and since I did some exercise to lose weight and fixed my teeth with braces, I guess you could say I invested some time for beauty, too." Feeling uncertain about her future, she sent her resume to a foreign advertising agency. She didn't get the job -- the company wasn't impressed by the title 'Singer Yangpa.' "I could have succeeded if I used the people I know in broadcasting and the music industry. If I got in there, I'd be advertising fast-food stores or government projects."

Making her debut in 1997 as a high school singer, Yangpa quickly rose to popularity. "I think people found it strange that a little girl was singing pop ballads," she said. She was even referred to as a pop idol. "I hated being called a pop idol at the time, but now I sometimes think I was very happy then. It's a great gift when a singer earns unconditional love from her fans. I don't think my voice is technically superior, but I can move people's hearts." On the Internet, netizens react to even the briefest updates of Yangpa's life. "I think the long wait of six years has endeared me even further to my fans," she said.

at 4:59 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment