Miss Japan Riyo Mori Wants to Dance, Dance, Dance!

If you'd ask Miss Japan Riyo Mori what she'd wanna do after all this Miss Universe shit, she'll tell you she'd want to dance all her life.

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?

Definitely dancing! I have been dancing since I was 4 years old. I still have my first pair of ballet shoes that I keep as a memory of my many years and passion for dancing. I am a very curious person and I love traveling the world, especially seeing musicals and visiting museums. Discovering different cultures and encountering new people are a constant source of inspiration for me and something I try to apply to my own dancing and teaching back in Japan.

What is your career ambition?

To open my own dance school in Tokyo! My mother runs a successful dance school outside of Tokyo and we plan to expand my family's love for the performing arts by opening an international dance school in Tokyo, the capital of Japan and a crossroads for many cultures. My plan is to hire teachers who speak a number of languages so that I can host students from around the world. Opening my own school will allow me to live and teach my passion for dancing while being an independent businesswoman.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was born and raised with my younger brother in a small town called Shizuoka at the base of Mt. Fuji. Shizuoka enjoys a very mild climate and is also near the sea. As nuclear families have become the norm in Japanese society, I feel very fortunate to have been raised by both my parents and grandparents under the same roof. I grew up in a very supportive and loving family, always surrounded by many energetic people since part of my house served as my mother's dance school. Interestingly enough, my mother entered a local beauty pageant when she was in her twenties and, although I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, my maternal grandmother told me when I was a child that she wanted me to become Miss Japan before I turn 20.

What do you want the judges to know about you?

What you see is what you get. Nothing is rehearsed about me. From the very beginning, I entered this competition with high-hopes and an unswerving determination to make this dream a reality.




Linda Rondinella assists Riyo Mori, Miss Japan 2007, during a photo shoot during registration and fittings for the Miss Universe 2007 competition at the Camino Real Mexico in Mexico City.

at 3:57 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment